I’ve been experimenting with food over the past few days. I made chocolate chip cookies and added cocoa into them (not healthy!), 3 ingredient pancakes (I will not try these again!), a 4 ingredient smoothie and apple porridge. I’m going to share the last two recipes on here. They’re both very healthy and delicious and don’t take much work, everyone can make them!
Quick notes: tsp = teaspoon. Anything else, that’s what Google’s for!
These are the recipes:
Apple and Cinnamon Porridge
- ½ – 1 apple, peeled and cut into small pieces
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- Small handful sultanas
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup rolled/porridge oats
- Brown sugar and extra milk (optional, for serving)
- Mix the apple, cinnamon and sultanas in a bowl until everything is covered in cinnamon.
- Put the milk and water in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat down and add the cinnamon mix and oats, allow to simmer.
- Stir until all the liquid has gone, the sultanas are plump, the apple is soft and the oats are well cooked.
- Pour into a bowl, add brown sugar and milk if you would like and serve hot.
4 Ingredient (Super Healthy) Smoothie
- About 250mls milk (depends on how much smoothie you want)
- 2 defrosted frozen overripe bananas
- 50-100g berries (fresh or frozen)
- Almonds (optional)
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and pulse for about one minute.
- Pour smoothie into glasses and drink straight away, add ice if you would like.
Well there you are. Tell me if you like them, I’d love to know.
I’m going to Leadership Camp tomorrow so I’ll post on Thursday about it.
P.S. Water was the closest thing I had to food and I didn’t feel like making a new name tag! I know, lazy, sorry!
P.P.S. I’ve finished my 30 posts in 30 days now, I’m not worrying about missing the next two days now!